Need: Openstack setup for testing Openstack APIs, compute, neutron, glance, keystone, and OpenNFV
Objective: Minimal install of Openstack Xena on a single physical server
- One flat type network for external access. Subnet 10.0.0.16/16 with floating IP range 10.0.3.2 to 10.0.3.254
- One vxlan type network for internal use. Subnet 192.168.100.0/24
- One virtual router bridging both the networks.
- Should be able to glance/upload images, launch instances and access the VMs
Understanding: Typical operations involved in installing every OpenStack service
- Create DB for the service
- Create a user account for service and assign the role
- Create endpoints for service
- Install the package(s)
- Update the configurations and restart services
Pre-requisites (1/9) – NTP / MariaDB / Memcached / etcd / RabbitMQ.
Keystone (2/9) – Authentication service
Glance 3/9) – Image service
Placement (4/9) – Track resource provider inventories and usage
Nova (5/9) – Compute service
Neutron (6/9) – Networking service
Create homelab (7/9) – Project, networks, vRouter, and security group
Horizon (8/9) – Management dashboard
Cinder (9/9) – Cinder service.
Test launching a VM – Upload custom image, launch VM, log in using ssh from another node.